When giving to the Endowment Fund, your donation will support the general ministries of First Lutheran Church of Venice. The endowment exists to assure long-term financial stability. Endowment principal remains intact as our church may spend a percentage of the interest income to support the below categories. Unrestricted, year by year, endowment distributions will go to the ministry where support is most needed. For more information contact the First Lutheran Church of Venice office at 310 821 2740.
1. Mission and Evangelism Support
Community, district, synodical, or world missions. Examples: sponsor a missionary, overseas mission project, community outreach, and district church planting.
2. Help for People in Need
Assist people within our church and our community who have unmet physical, emotional or spiritual needs. Examples: food, temporary housing, and counseling.
3. Tuition Aid for our Students
Grant school families financial aid so that their children can attend Venice Lutheran School.
4. Equipment and Enrichment Programs for our School
Examples: Purchase classroom equipment, support school enrichment programs like extra-curricular art and music classes, improve school facilities at Venice Lutheran School.
- For students going into full-time church work as pastors, teachers, or directors of Christian education
- For members of our church attending a Christian high school or a Lutheran college.
6. Christian Education Support
Education programs at our church and in our community. Examples: vacation Bible study, Sunday school, confirmation, adult classes.
7. Youth Program
Examples: youth retreats, national youth gatherings subsidies, and counselor training.
8. Church Music and Worship
- Church Music Examples: choir music, organ and piano maintenance, and special music programs.
- Special Worship programs Examples: Renaissance, Lenten, Easter, Advent, Christmas services, worship aides.
9. Building Fund
- Improve and repair church facilities. Examples: painting, remodeling, new furnaces, landscaping
- Property acquisition and new construction.
Maintain and upgrade electronic or other technical equipment. Examples: sound system and projection screen system in the sanctuary; maintenance and upgrades of office machines and computers (both hardware and software) for effective office support of our ministries.