Extended Day Care
Attendance and Fees
Only students enrolled at Venice Lutheran School are eligible to attend our Extended Day Care program. Our Extended Day Care Center is open from 7:00 am until 6:00 pm on all days when school is in session. On most holidays and during the summer months our Extended Day Care Center is closed.
Students may enroll in extended day care on a regular basis before or after school hours. The rates for regular attendance are based on the average anticipated expenses per month for the entire school year and not on the number of school days in a particular month. Extended day care time is divided into one and one-half hour time blocks. For students who attend the entire time block, the cost is approximately half of the charges for occasional use. Parents may choose the following time blocks at which their children will be in attendance:
7:00 – 8:15 am
12:00 – 1:30 pm
1:30 – 3:00 pm
3:00 – 4:30 pm
4:30 – 6:00 pm
- Changes in regular monthly enrollment must be submitted prior to the 1st of the month.
- Changes remain effective until further notification.
- Regular afternoon rates can be requested for a different combination of five 1½-hour time blocks per week, (e.g. Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 – 6:00 pm and Friday 3:00 – 4:30 pm)
- Regular enrollment may not be changed to occasional use for the month of June.
Students may attend Extended Day Care on an occasional basis. Parents are billed for a time block for any portion in which their children are in attendance. Children who are not picked up within 15 minutes of dismissal time are automatically placed in Extended Day Care for their safety, and parents are billed for occasional use. Fees are publicized in our yearly Schedule of Fees.
Late Pick-up Charges
Parents are billed by the minute for children who are picked up after our regular 6:00pm closing time. See the Schedule of Fees for late charges.
On days when school is closed for conferences or holidays, the Day Care Center might be open if there is enough need. If open, special holiday fees are charged for attendance. Parents can sign their children up for half days or full days. Parents are notified in the weekly newsletter when the Day Care Center will be open.
Record Keeping Procedures
- As children arrive for extended day care, the parent or supervisor signs them in on the master list.
- When a parent or a person authorized by them picks up a child from afternoon extended care, he/she is responsible for signing the child out.
- Supervisors are responsible for verifying that the child is released to an authorized person. If the person is not on the Emergency and Cay Care Release form, a school staff member must contact a parent by phone to give verbal authorization before the child can be released.
- At the end of each month, the director submits a summary of day care attendance to the school office for billing.