Venice Lutheran School seeks to instill in students a lifelong love for learning. Well-rounded children with emotional and social skills become the most successful students academically. Through our curriculum and approach to teaching the whole child, we prepare students for high school and beyond by:
- Instilling strong study habits
- Fostering self-confidence and self-discipline
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Fostering a spiritual foundation
- Expanding talents in the arts
- Expecting academic excellence
Venice Lutheran School regularly reviews curricular materials, following the adoption cycle established by the State of California. Where feasible, we select programs that have been adopted by the state. Parents who would like more information about state curriculum standards should visit the following website: www.cde.ca.gov/cfir.
- Multi-age / Multi-grade Classrooms
- 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, and 7th/8th with single grade instruction in Math, Reading, and Language Arts
- Average teacher/student ratio 1 : 18
- Instructional class size of 10 to 25 students
It is our philosophy that students have best chance of achieving success and satisfaction in their educational years if they are developmentally ready to learn the skills and concepts that constitute the grade-level standards. It is our goal in the primary Grades of K-2 to lay the foundation for a life-time of learning pleasure. Children who begin their schooling well are more likely to have it end well. It is a joint endeavor of home and school. We welcome the opportunity to partner with parents in growing their children’s God-given gifts.